Friday 13 August 2010

I'm Home!!!!

Hello bloggers! So, I’m home!! They decided yesterday that I’m doing well enough that there isn’t much more they can do for my in the hospital so I came out today. It’s so nice to be back at home, getting some home made mushed up food from my mum. It did feel a bit overwhelming leaving the hospital wen you’re so used to being there, but having been her a couple of hours and it’s already so nice.

Had all my stitches taken out of my face today, they scars are really neat so they will look quite nice I think. Saw the scar on my leg today for the first time, its long and still got lots of metal staples in it, but again it will fade in time and I’ll become very accustomed to it I’m sure. Still feel very tired and stiff, but I’m getting better every day and seeing progress all the time so it is encouraging.

There was a man in the hospital yesterday that the doctors got me to meet who is 32 and just been diagnosed with the same thing as me and about to go through the same procedure. I think it was nice for him to see someone who has been through it and made it out the other side in good time and doing well. I know I would have loved the same thing in that situation so I gave him my email and I hope I can help him and his wife with any questions they might have!

Swapped addresses with Sybil so we’re sure to keep in touch!!

Everyone at the hospital has been really impressed with my recovery, and I do honestly believe it’s to do with my attitude. I have been very positive and determined to beat this, because I have to be. There isn’t really any other choice, I can’t spend time letting it get me down and being negative because it doesn’t do you any good and doesn’t help to get you better. It’s just an obstacle in life that has to be gotten over and has already made me so much stronger. Of course I’ve been scared and upset at times, but I just remind myself that it will (fingers crossed) be over soon and will one day just be a story to tell the grand kids! (Ewwww, did you know nan has a leg for a tongue?!?)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment