Tuesday 3 August 2010

Getting closer......

So, I’m packed and ready to go. My suitcase is mainly full of an excessive amount of pyjamas, but hopefully I’ve got everything I need. Getting a bit nervous now. My lovely friends took me out for dinner tonight and bought me lots of amazing presents for my hospital stay, I feel very lucky!

Going in tomorrow at 10:30 am, not sure what I’ll be doing for the whole day as they’re not actually operating until Thursday. But thought I would write now in case I don’t get the chance to tomorrow! I know as the time gets nearer I’ll start to feel more anxious, but hopefully I’ve got enough stuff to take my mind off things. Besides, no matter how nervous I get I want this thing removed now more than anything. I want my body back to normal so I can get on with being me and living my life!!

The weirdest thing will not being able to talk for a while. I love talking with my friends and boyfriend, I’ll miss it a lot. My friend’s have bought me a white board to write on and I’ve tried to learn a little bit of sign language! (thanks to Lindsey I now know the sign language for ‘a boat coming into the harbour’?!?!) I’m pretty determined so hopefully it won’t be too long before I can be understood again!!

I’ll keep this short and sweet tonight because I’m pretty tired, but hopefully I won’t be out of action for too long and I’ll be back in touch soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Nikki Loves Ruth!3 August 2010 at 16:38

    Ahhhh i didnt even think about you not being able to speak!!! How long do u think it will be??? Youre a little chatterbox hehehe. Loving the sign language Linds has taught you hahaha. Thats lovely that they took u out for dinner :)
    Good luck babe and see you soon xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth.
    You don't know me, I was at primary school with your dad and we've caught up on facebook recently. I'm so sorry to hear of your illness, but after reading your blog I just wanted to tell you how much I admire your courage. I'm sure you'll be fine - it sounds like you're in good hands! I wish you all the best for your op and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth i love you, and you know that. and Yes the NHS gets really bad press and we never hear about the million and one good things! so thank you for putting that (i'll give you that tenner later on! ;) ) make sure those nurses look after you 150% if not you know who to call. i'll be up there in a flash!
    Check out the hot docs for me too and put a good word in! love u and i'll drop u a text/ video message! that'd be cool! i may look into doing that! haha! keep going my love
    praying for you always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth,
    Susie Plant here -friend of your Mum from childminding days.
    What an inspirational blog! It will be so helpful to those in a similar situation.
    Keep strong, keep inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete