Sunday 8 August 2010

I'm Back!!

Ok, so I’m back to the blog so I can’t be doing too badly for myself. The last few days have been by far the hardest of my life. So much pain and distress, but I feel like I’ve picked up a bit now. Hopefully getting my tracheotomy out tomorrow which I can’t wait for, it’s absolutely awful!!

Operation was a total success, got the whole tumour out which turned out to not be quite as big as they first thought and according to those lucky enough to see my face right now they have done a very good job patching me up!!

The nurses on my ward are lovely, Helen is very nice to me and Eileen is a bit more of a fn of the tough love but I do need that sometimes too. I think I bring down the average age of patients around here to about 75 so you can imagine what its like, can’t wait to be recuperating at home. Sister is coming to see me this afternoon then probably be ready for visitors from tues or wed. It’s absolutely exhausting just having people here!!

Had a bit of a panic yesterday when I asked when the weird feeling plastic bandage would come off my face only to be told that that was actually my own skin!! Still not planning at actually looking in a mirror anytime soon!

Will write more later, for now this has totally used up my energy reserves!! Still remain pretty positive, things can only get better from here! Have a big afternoon ahead of me involving sitting up in a chair so i need to rest for that!!

Thanks so much for everyone’s support, i have some truly amazing friends and family!! Especially appreciate all the time and love from my parents and from Kev!! love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. I'm an old friend of your Dad & still live in Harthill where we grew up....I'm batting on your team Ruth! Best wishes to you...and keep positive!

    Glenda :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruth,
    You are incredible. I certainly would not feel like blogging so soon after an operation!
    Thinking of you a lot and praying for you daily. You were one of the brighter memories (along with your family) of our time at King's centre, 2000-2002.
    God bless you and keep blogging (and getting better of course!)
    Dave & Rosemary Playle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth this has brought a tear to my eye. your amazing. keep going and keep us upto date but remember to rest+++ (nhs joke!) so pleased ur nurses are looking after you, that makes me feel better.

    See you soon hun. Love you loads. keep going. praying lots for you beautiful xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ruth,

    Amazed at your strength young lady. Keep going and keep keeping your head held high. You're an inspiration Ruth and we all love you sooo much.

    Praying like mad for you and thinking of you lots.

    Lots and lots and lots of love,
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Helen and Elaine are keeping you out of michief and inline. Really looking forward to seeing you soon beautiful. Keep up the blogging :) xxx

    ReplyDelete