Monday 16 August 2010

A bit of a blip!

Not feeling so great today, woke up feeling very ill in the night with a very stiff neck. Went to the hospital where they gave me some antibiotics for an infection so hopefully it’s just a minor setback and I’ll feel better soon.

My eating is improving everyday which is encouraging, and I’m managing to eat more. Not that I recommend it but this whole thing is a good way to loose a stone and a half in a month!! got some little drinks to have everyday that are full of calories and protein and every vitamin and mineral ever which is good to help my recovery! My mums also been making fruit smoothies! Eating is quite fun because I’m not eating a lot the things I do eat can be really full of naughty things like cheese and cream and lots of calories!! yum! My speech really is so much better than I was expecting. Kev rang me earlier and could completely understand everything I said which I think is amazing just 10 days after having 2/3 of my tongue removed and replaced with my leg!

I’m not really in much pain, it’s just uncomfortable and tight, but gets better every day. I don’t think I’ll be confident enough to go out in public until the swelling goes down a bit. I don’t mind people seeing me look like this, it’s not as if it’s my fault. But i don’t like the thought of not being able to explain to people what’s happened and why I look like this. When the swelling in my cheek goes down more I will venture outside, ha.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth,
    Sorry to read you've had a dramatic night and not been feeling so good. Other than the infection, you sound to have made great progress over the last few days. I hope the antibiotics soon kick in and you start feeling better again.
    Thinking of you loads and sending lots of love from us all in Sheffield!
    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth my dad had those drinks and Dave liked them until he realised how many calories were in them!!! you can get youghurt things and fruit juice as well. Eat all you like its costing the NHS loads they are very expensive.
    Love Pauline Gregory x

    ReplyDelete