Friday 1 October 2010

Blogging from my hospital bed!!

Hello again! Have bee in hospital all week and only just got back up on line!! Had a really rough weekend last weekend, and felt pretty bad by the time I got back to the hospital in Monday, not really eating or sleeping at all so they decided to admit me to get me on some more pain relief and to make sure I was eating. Got bad mucositis (which sounds as gross as it is!!) which is basically just loads of ulcers and infection in my mouth! It’s much better now and has cleared up quite lot so that’s good. I also swelled up so much it was ridiculous, my lips and face were huge! So they’ve started me on a course of steroids to ring that down a bit.
It’s been pretty good having a week in actually, it’s just so much easier not having to travel and having help there whenever I need it. And just little things like they have nice mushy unseasoned food for me to eat that I don’t have to make!! There’s also been a couple of other young people on the ward this week too so it’s not been too dull!
Had more chemo this week, that went really well. I only had to be on the drip for an hour this time (as opposed to 16 hours on the old one) and I haven’t really felt sick at all. I have to be much more careful on this one as I’m much more likely to catch an infection over the next few weeks, but even if I do at least I know I can hack time spent in here!!
The teenage and young adult ward here really is so nice, it’s makes a huge difference!!
Only 2 weeks left of treatment now! Be back at home from Monday I think then nearly finished!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Was just thinking about you and logged on just in case, so lovely to read your update and know that you're improving now. I'm glad they're looking after you so well.
    The end is definately in sight now. We send you lots of love and a big hug.
    Night night
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but I stayed at your folks' B&B in April. They are the greatest! So naturally I have to assume you are too. I am pulling for you even though we've never met. I just found out I've got a small skin cancer so I have some small idea how you are feeling. You sound like a fighter so I'm confident you will make a complete recovery! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete