Tuesday 19 October 2010

Treatment totally finished!!!

3 Months ago it felt like this day would never come, but here I am, treatment finished!! After completing my radiotherapy my consultant decided that I’ve been through enough and the last cycle of chemo would probably just make me worse. After seeing me and knowing I’d been in hospital for a while due to my sore mouth he said that the benefits of that last chemo weren’t worth making me feel worse. I’m really really happy that it’s all over, I was willing to do anything to fight this, but as long as they’re happy I definitely feel like I’ve done enough! I’m not sure my mouth and skin can take anymore.
It’s also so nice to be out of hospital! Spending a few days at Kev’s to spend time with him (he took the week off work!) and to be closer to clatterbridge just in case i need anything, then I’m going up to Thirsk to get looked after by my mummy and daddy for a while! Not sure how long, but will probably be there quite a bit on and off over the next couple of months, not planning on going back to work for a while really, it will take a long time to get back to normal. But I’m really glad that all I have to focus on is just resting and getting better now. Have various appointments to see various consultants over the next few weeks and months to make sure everything is healing well and that there are no signs that the cancer has stuck around!
I do feel like things are starting to heal now, everything seems to get better every day. I can’t wait till I’m eating normally again, but for now the pain is pretty well controlled so it’s just a case of waiting! I recovered so fast after my operation, I plan on doing the same with this!! I’ve spent the last 2 months constantly watching cookery shows so I have plenty of ideas up my sleeve for when I’m better (not to mention having a boyfriend who is a very impressive chef (he’s currently making me yummy, but necessarily plain, chicken soup) who has many ideas for things to make me when I’m better, I’m very lucky!)
It does feel a little surreal to be finished, I was so focused on the treatment that I didn’t really think about it coming to an end. It kind of came as a shock. When you’re having the treatment you at least feel so proactive, like you’re doing something good to help what’s happening, but now it’s sort of just ‘wait and see’ which is a little frustrating, but I’ll keep focused on the little things and am gonna soon throw myself into some fundraising and some work to help promote the importance of being aware of cancer!!
Will still keep everyone updated on how I’m getting along and what the docs have to say etc. I’m so grateful for everyone who has been following this an sending their wishes and prayers etc! I feel very blessed! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to have you back in Thirsk - we'll have some fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Ruth, especially the way you have helped your mum through all this by being so positive. Kev is such a star!! Where did you find him!! See you before long in Thirsk. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of your attitude and energy throughout this whole ordeal. I take my hat off to you! I'm really glad you're ouyt of hospital too. Well Done! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. marliseblake@yahoo.co.uk20 October 2010 at 02:03

    I dont have the words - but can start with brave, strong, positive, focused, determined, incredible! We are so very happy that you can now rest and recover. Our very best wishes.
    Marlise, Des and Oliver xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that I have received my herbal medicine so he instructed me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cures my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:    Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Meniere's disease , Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis  

    ReplyDelete