Tuesday 12 October 2010

I can see the finish line!!

So, I’m still in hospital, generally getting looked after by the lovely nursing staff. I’m doing ok, just feeling very tired and worn out and very sore. Only got 4 days left of radiotherapy now, and I can not wait to finish!! They’re doing everything they can to make me feel more comfy, increasing my pain relief and trying to get rid of various infections and blisters that crop up in my mouth. I’ve not been sleeping very well at all so the doc has given me something to totally knock me out tonight so I can get at least one good night’s sleep. Everyone is amazed at how persistent and stubborn I can be and that I am still eating on my own. I really don’t want to be fed through a tube again so I am pressing on and managing my pureed meals and energy drinks and fingers crossed it won’t be too long until I’m enjoying my food again.
Saw my consultant yesterday, she’s very pleased with my progress. After this week I have an appointment to see my main doctor in about 4 weeks time and I’m seeing my surgeon again at the beginning of december for check ups to se how I’m doing once my treatment has finished. It will then just be a case of keeping my eye on things and seeing my doctors a lot and hopefully that will be it! It will obviously be a while before I know everything is ok, but I’m definitely taking steps in the right direction.
Not sure how long I’m going to be in hospital, until I feel well enough to go home I guess. I will be going back to my parents for a while after being here, I’m not up to looking after myself yet! The hospital are happy to have me, although apparently if I’m still here in 3 months time I might be pushing my luck a bit!!!
It is hard, very hard, but the end is so near now and I am so excited to get my life back again!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I love you Ruth Collington! Well Done Sweetness!!!!!!Life will resume very soon and we'll be partying like it's 1999!! Big Hugs!Sophieeeee Tot!!! :o)x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to have you home!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey youuuu woo sounds like you've been very strong. Great news that its near to the end of it all now :) this will all seem like a past trauma very soon!! When im back next year cant wait to see you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete