Monday 4 October 2010

Escaped!

Greetings. Thought I would write another little up date on how I’m getting on. Out of hospital for now (having taken the entire contents of the pharmacy with me!) on the condition that I will be straight back down there if I feel unwell or am having problems with my eating and drinking. It is still really painful, but hopefully with all the painkillers and mouth care I’m on it should be ok. Just under two weeks of radiotherapy left now and probably one more cycle of chemo near the end of October for good luck!
It is hard, not being able to eat much is frustrating and even when I do it doesn’t taste of much. More of my hair is definitely coming out now so will just have to see how that goes and my skin is getting quite red and itchy. It’s hard not feeling particularly pretty, but I know it’s all just temporary. I just can’t wait to get a nice dress on and some make up and hit the town again! This whole thing has put everything into perspective and made me realise what’s really important in life, but I do miss the little things too. It has made me realise that I used to complain about the stupidest things and used to think things were so hard when they really weren’t, not compared to this. It’s also definitely made me appreciate certain people in my life, some people have shone through as amazing friends and been so supportive (and some have been surprisingly rubbish, but I wont name names, haha!) I can’t wait to through a massive party when I’m better to celebrate and to thank everyone who’s been there for me! I’ll be back on that dancefloor before you know it!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Ruth! Keep shining sweetheart.

    All the best from your Dad's 'old' school pal Glenda ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun,
    Glad to hear your feeling a little better,
    You are such an inspiration!
    Keep going..it will soon be over!
    much love...Katie & Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete