Thursday 9 December 2010

Another little update!!

Hello!! I’m not sure if anyone is still looking at this? But I thought I would do an update! It’s been a good 7 weeks since my treatment finished, I’m not sure where the time goes!! I’m doing well, my mouth has nearly almost healed, I still have a few problems at the back of my mouth which need to be sorted by the removal of my wisdom teeth!! Unfortunately I can’t have this done until February, but after that my mouth should be totally better, I cannot wait!! Otherwise I’m doing well, I’m still quite tired, but it is getting better. I’ve been enjoying lots of time recuperating and resting, spending lots of time at home in Thirsk. I have been back to Liverpool a bit and have thoroughly enjoyed catching up with friends! My friends have been such a great support the last few months, I’m very grateful to you guys!! and of course its been great to spend time with Kev properly again, he’s wonderful!!
Life after cancer is hard, I have felt a little left on my own at times. You go from being constantly fussed over and looked after by nurses and doctors to being left to fend for yourself at home which can be quite daunting. When I was having my treatment it was something to focus on and I felt like I was doing something positive to help, but now I just have to sit and wait and see what happens which is hard. I want to be doing something, but there is nothing I can do!
The teenage cancer trust have been fantastic and I’m so glad I found them. There workers have kept in touch checking up on me and I went for dinner with them and lots of other young people affected by cancer. It was great to meet up with other people who understand what I’ve been going through and to catch up with some of the guys I was in hospital with!!
Thanks again for everyone reading this and everyone who has supported me!
Much love xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Still reading Ruth! Think you've done amazingly well- thinking of you, merry Xmas to you and your family- remember that fab dinner you did when I turned up smashed out of my little face!!! Xxxx rachel mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth, just wanted to send my regards...out of all the people I went to school with, I can't think of anyone better equipped to deal with something like this.
    Take care!

    Joe I

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth,
    I have just met with Debbie M and she has told me about your blog!I couldnt wait to read it..You have been in everyones' thoughts. We were back in Archies today and the young women from O.P were asking about you. I am so pleased to have found your blog and to have read about your journey. You are amazing.
    I am with Claire and others 2moro and will tell them how to get on your blog,and how you are doing. Like me they will be delighted to hear how you are and will gain inspiration from your attitude!!!.
    Take care,lots of love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete